Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful

Can any of you believe it's November?  Really?  November?  Slow down, year, slow down!
 
 
Anyway, with the month of November comes the urge to sing "November Rain" and fill cornucopias with harvest vegetables.  And it also makes people take a step back and really recognize thing things for which you are grateful.  So I've decided for the month of November to dedicate each post to something for which I am thankful. 
 
 
Sadly, I missed November 1st.  Not a good start.  So for this post, I'm going to talk about two things I am thankful for. 
 
 
We're not going to hit the easy ones first off the bat.  That would just be too simple. 
 
 
For the first day of November, I am thankful that our family and friends out on the East Coast are safe and sound.  T's family is from the Boston area, with a few living in New York City and in North Carolina.  I have several family members in New Jersey, Washington, D.C., and Virginia.   I feel so awful for the people out there who have no power, the people who have lost loved ones.  I mean it is just so so very awful.  However, I do feel grateful that our loved ones came out okay.  We are sending prayers to everyone out there. 



For November 2nd, I am thankful for the teachers in my daughter's daycare class.  We lucked out immensely with where she was placed.  She is with a mother/daughter team of these two very sweet Scottish women.  I love their accents.  And I love the way they Aubrey's name.  And Aubrey just loves them so much.  She never freaks out or anything when we leave her.  She's just all smiles.  They take such good care of her, and I leave feeling so secure that she is in good care and is happy.  Not everyone can say that about their daycare.  Well, the daughter is leaving as of today.  She has gotten a job in the field she studied in college.  I'm super happy for her, but at the same time, we will miss her so much.  We are lucky her mother will continue to be there and that she will ensure the new person will be as good and as interactive with the children as her daughter was. 


So those are the my "thankful" things for the first two days of November.  I'm not sure if Saturday and Sunday posts will be a possibility depending on time.  I'll tell you one thing I am so not thankful for, and that is T having to work on Sunday.  What the what?  Not cool.  Not cool. 


Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Those are good things to be thankful for. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teachers are like gold. And so many people are suffering still in the northeast, so you have a lot to be thankful for that all your family members are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to remind ourselves of all we have to be thankful for. I changed my iPhone lock screen to a quote about being thankful. Reminds me every time I turn it on! :-) Happy November!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!